Dr. Dre threatening to sue over Michel’le biopic

michelle-twitter-cover

As soon as Lifetime and famed ’90’s R&B singer Michel’le announced that a TV biopic was going to be produced about her life, speculation began to arise about how much of her allegedly abusive past relationship with Dr. Dre would be covered in the film. And, like many assumed, the trailer for the upcoming film hints that fans will get to see a lot of the dysfunction and violence that took place in the former hip-hop super couple’s relationship. However, Dr. Dre isn’t at all happy about having his dirty laundry aired in the biopic and reports have revealed that he plans to sue Sony Pictures if he’s portrayed as a wife beater.

According to the reports, Dre’s legal team recently sent out a cease and desist order to Sony Pictures over the biopic titled Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le. In the letter, Dre vehemently denies that he was ever abusive to Michel’le when they dated around 30 years ago. He also claims Michel’le never mentioned or hinted at any physical abuse on his part during that time. He also claims that she never filed a police report against him for abuse or went to a hospital to seek treatment for his alleged beatings.

However, Michel’le told a different story during interviews last year, especially when she recounted a time when Dre allegedly fired his gun at her.

“I was getting dragged on the floor, shot at,” Michel’le said. “One night we was [sic] arguing. He went and got the gun. And I just made it through the bathroom door and the shot — and he shot at me and he missed me by that much. He almost hit [me]. He shot at me … I left the bullet in the hole and it went out — it was in the door and then it went through the side of the wall in the bathroom. And I left it there for a while, just so he could see it. But he never tried to shoot me anymore. Thank God. But the beatings were —[there were] a lot …”

In the letter, Dre is also demanding that Michel’le back off of the abuse portrayals.

This isn’t the first time one of her exes has threatened legal action over her biopic. This past summer, Michel’le’s other famous ex Suge Knight threatened to sue her, as well.

As previously reported, Knight’s lawyer J. Tooson sent a warning to Lifetime about what they can and cannot say about him. Tooson reportedly told the network that Knight has rights to his privacy that cannot be violated and he warned Lifetime that they cannot in any way defame his client. If the network doesn’t comply with the warning, Knight will file a lawsuit.

Well, it looks like Michel’le and Lifetime may be in for two major legal battles, because the biopic is still set to premiere on October 15 at 8 p.m. EST on Lifetime.

Don't Be Shy, We Welcome Your Comments